Summary: Yoga is gaining popularity these days as never before. Read on to know why the traditional art is being admired so much in the modern world.
From fitness centers to schools and corporations, yoga has entered the mainstream worldwide. The traditional science is being embraced across the world at a dazzling speed. Millions are turning to yoga for one common reason and that is to cope up with modern-day lifestyle. Today’s ultra-advanced and high tech world has brought many physical, mental, and emotional challenges for the living beings. Despite the availability of hi-tech medical and healthcare facilities, the quality of life is degrading with every passing day. Various physical and mental irregularities like stress, restlessness, depression, body ache, nervous breakdown, etc. are at their peak. In such circumstances, people are seeking alternatives for a better living and finding yoga as the best panacea for all these modern-day’s problems.
With postures, breathing exercises, and meditation, yoga offers everything the modern world desperately needs. Be it college-going or a professional, everyone is indulging in yogic practices worldwide because yoga has the potential to solve various problems gifted by the modern lifestyle. Yoga has the potential to solve lifestyle problems and psychosomatic diseases. Here are top 5 reasons yoga is sweeping across the globe so rapidly:
- Relief from Stress and Anxiety: In this competitive world, everyone is fighting for their survival and suffer from physical and psychological stress. Stress can contribute to a number of serious health problems and impacts the overall well-being. It also accelerates ageing. People working under constant stress and pressure start looking older than their chronological age. Despite a number of ways to manage stress such as physical exercise, psychotherapy, and medication, yoga happens to be one of the simplest and most effective. With breath controlling exercises and meditation, it helps combat stress and makes you feel more relaxed and centered. When you are able to deal with stress, your immune system gets stronger and you feel happy overall.
- Increases Concentration and Focus ability: In today’s time when survival is tough, our mind is always occupied with various bothering thoughts even while sleeping. When there is a demand for multitasking skills, often we cannot focus even on a single task at hand be it work-related or domestic one. This majorly impacts both personal and professional life. Mindful Meditation in Yoga which involves focusing on a single object for certain time enhances a person’s concentration and focus ability. Also, through deep breathing exercises and some specific asanas, it clears the clutter in the head, calms the mind and helps concentrate better.
- Provides a sense of Calm: In the busy schedule of today, we always have something to do. Our mind and body work non-stop and hence we don’t get ample time just for ourselves. Often we become stressed, frustrated, and seek some inner peace, which is very necessary for staying active and on-the-go. Through the practice of special breathing techniques, meditation, and certain postures, yoga brings profound calmness we never felt before. It provides us with some alone time and helps connect to our deeper self with a sense of peace.
- Multifarious Health Benefits: The modern lifestyle brings a lot of health problems and yoga has the potential to prevent and cure them effectively. Studies have proven that yoga can relieve a number of common and severe health problems such as arthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure, back pain, obesity, cardiovascular diseases, bad digestion, skin and hair problems, previous injuries, etc. Also, it relieves various mental disorders like stress patterns, anxiety, depression, nervous breakdown and provides a sense of mental calm and relaxation. Apart from all these, yoga is one of the best exercises to attain physical fitness. It improves a person’s muscle strength and flexibility, perfects the body posture and balance, and boosts immunity. In short, yogic breathing and stretching exercises enhance the whole well being of the practitioner.
- Helps lead a Balanced Life: The modern lifestyle demands a balance between work-life and personal life. Yoga is the easiest way to achieve that. The 5000-year old science helps a practitioner move towards a higher state of consciousness and brings peace and harmony to life. It leads us to holistic living by bringing harmony between the mind, body, and soul.
So, bring yoga into your life and enhance the quality of this modern-day lifestyle.