There are several Indian companies that send you on business tours. Sometimes, you are asked to visit another city, state or even country to meet new clients or check-on the newly constructed sites. The management first checks your caliber and position before sending you on such tours, which are completely sponsored by the organization.
But going on an official tour in India is not an easy thing. There are a lot of things that you need to check before visiting any location in the country for business purposes. Read below to find out about the same:
1) Before agreeing to stay in a particular hotel, find out whether the place is worth your stay. There are a lot of Indian companies that make you slog by making you stay in some local lodges.
Thanks to the advancement in technology and internet, you can now find out everything about a particular hotel. Even if it is negatively famous in the market, you get to know about it by questioning different people on different forums.
2) Just like you talk to different people before taking the decisions of property buy in India, talk to different people about the place that you have been told to go to.
3) Find out how safe the place is, especially if you are a woman. There are several places in India that are pretty conservative and not safe for women. If you are going to a conservative location, take someone from the family with you and carry comfortable clothes that do not expose much of your skin.
4) Since the tour is an official one and is completely related to office affairs, you need to be sure that you don’t have to spend even a single buck from your pocket. Right from your accommodation to the food or traveling, everything needs to be taken care of by the organization.
5) Make sure that you have the tickets booked right in front of you and you are not told to extend the trip without your concern and acceptance. No matter how urgent the work is, you can never be told to extend the trip is you do not wish to.
6) Whatever documents you have been handed over, carry them safely to the trip. Make a separate folder for the same and make sure that they are kept in a very nice manner, so that they are not torn apart or folded in your bag.