Are you an adventurous person? Do you like to explore various aspects of nature and earth by travelling to new and lesser known destinations? Then you must visit the Etna’s mount.
Mount Etna, located on the East Coast of Sicily in Italy is one of the fabulous destinations known for its highly active volcano. It represents the highest mountain in Sicily. This spot, hence, becomes a “must to visit place” for its magnanimity, its beauty and its surroundings.
What Is So Amazing about the Etna’s Mount
- It Is A Massive Mountain: the Mountain, with a height of 10,992 ft. stands tall in the entire Sicily region and is one of the highest peak in Italy beyond the Alps. The mountain can be seen from far away places on clear days.
- The Famous Volcano Eruptions: The history of the volcanic eruptions represent more than thousands years old. These volcanoes have been so enormous that they have created craters at places near the mountain. The ash from these eruptions has flowed up 800 km of distance. In the past. When the lava is active, some regions were closed for security reasons but the lava can be seen for a long distance. At night, the lava becomes a beautiful yet intimidating sight with a flood of red flowing in the dark.
- Trekking: When the volcano is not active, the place is perfect for hiking and trekking. The mountain is situated in the environs of Etna National Park. This park gives a breath-taking view in spring and fall. When the ash from volcano gets saturated over a period, the ash fields are created, which are also worth seeing. Then there exists a forest, vineyards and a wonderful trail for trekkers. And yes, how can we forget the unique and charming black sand. Trekking on the Etna mountains will give you a lifetime memories.
- Excellent Spot for Skiing: In winter, the mountain is covered with snow. It gives a great opportunity for skiing. There are various levels to the mountains, which makes it even more exciting for the ski activity. Special resorts known as the ski resorts have come up in the areas that provide not only wonderful routes for skiing but also the skiing equipment on rental basis.
- A Heaven for Wine Lovers: The volcanic soil is a one of the fertile in the region. You can find a plenty of vineyards apart from the fascinating orchards of chestnut, apples, hazelnut and other trees. True wine lovers travel miles to visit Etna especially for the wine that is the speciality of this place.
Strange and beautiful, scary and serene that what we can illustrate the beauty of Etna’s mount. Mark this place for trip ideas. It will be a wonderful experience if you travel there with your favourite bunch of buddies. It is always advisable to carry jackets with you irrespective of the season and proper shoes are also a must. Rest assured, you will enjoy your trip to this charming place and you will remember it for a longtime.