When you travel for a week to another place, you might find it really difficult to pack and also wish that you could take everything with you. Moving houses is the time when you have to take everything with you, and you cannot help but hope that you had the freedom to pack whatever it is you like and leave the rest behind. If you have bought an apartment in Bangalore or have decided to move into one that you have rented for yourself, here are some packing tips that will help you save time and energy.
These tips are not only going to be useful when you pack, but will definitely help you out when you unpack as well.
- Prepare yourself for it: You will have to do some of the preparation before you call in the movers and packers to put all of your stuff in boxes. See to it that you put together all that you need in the different rooms of your new house and keep it all together so that the packers know what to put where.
- Throw out all the trash: Moving is the perfect time to clean up all the clutter that you have accumulated over the years. Old clothes, furniture, utensils and commodities that you are never going to use need to go right out the house.
- Number all the boxes: This is something people forget to do. Make sure that you have a marker and nobody else does. With each and every box that is packed, taped and sealed, you need to number the box and write the contents of the box on top of it. This is going to be highly useful when you unpack in the new place.
- Get the essentials together: When you are packing, make sure that you get together the essentials for the next two-three days in one box so that you do not have to dig into different boxes as soon as you move to the other place. This is again, one of the things that people tend to ignore when they are packing to move out of the house.
- One piece of furniture at a time: This is again, something that you need to pay attention to. It is always the movers and packers who will move your furniture from one apartment in Bangalore to another, but do not get the guys to dismantle everything at ones. Make sure that one this is done at a time and there is no chaos with the different pieces that are left aside.
- Look and then dump: Many a times we ourselves end up destroying furniture and other fragile items while packing. You need to make sure that you use bubble-wrap for all the items that can break into pieces and also place them carefully in the boxes. This way you are not going to be running out of crockery in your new house.
- Clean while you pack: This is another piece of advice that everyone who is moving houses needs to pay some heed to. You should always clean when you pack. It is going to become a lot easier to understand what is happening in the room because you would have put all the clutter aside and will have nothing unimportant in your sight.
- Get the right boxes: If you are moving from one apartment in Bangalore to another, you need to understand that the weather of the city is not something you can bank on. Surprise showers of rains are not a surprise anymore. Getting boxes which will get damn at the slightest exposal to water, or anything else is a bad idea. It is best to spend that extra buck and get good quality boxes to keep your stuff safely.
- Get all the valuables to a safer place: We understand that you value almost everything you own, but the more expensive stuff like jewelry, cash bundles and other important documents should be placed in the bank or in a trusted person’s house. This is because of the number of outsiders who can enter your house and also steal is not less. You need to make sure that you take care of all the stuff that you own.