No matter if you are traveling for work, for the holidays or for pleasure, taking along an electronic cigarette is something you should consider. After all, traditional cigarettes are not banned virtually everywhere indoors, including planes, trains and other methods of public transportation. While e-cigarettes are accepted most places, it is still a good idea to check the rules and guidelines prior to heading out of town.
Packing Your Electronic Cigarette
Before you get in a car or on a plane, you will need to ensure you have all the necessary accessories for your electronic cigarette. This includes the following:
- The E-Cigarette: This is the most essential piece that you should bring along. While there may be a vape store where you are going, it is quite a hassle to have to purchase a new one just for your trip. Additionally, you may wind up getting an inferior device.
- Batteries: It is important that you take more than a single battery. You don’t want to get stuck with a dead battery and no replacement.
- Chargers: Be sure you are able to charge the batteries. It may be a good idea to bring several different chargers along, including a wall and vehicle charger.
- E-Liquid: If you have been using your electronic cigarette for a while, chances are you understand the amount of e-liquid you use each day. However, when you are on vacation, you may use the device even more. Be sure you bring along a big enough supply.
- Accessories: There are certain accessories that make e-smoking easier while you are traveling, including carrying cases or lanyards. Be sure you have the right accessories.
Traveling with Your E-Cigarette
After you have packed your e-cigarette and all the accessories that you need for your trip, you should be sure you understand whether or not the device is allowed on your selected method of travel.
While you can bring an electronic cigarette on a plane, you will not be allowed to use it while you are on board. When you are flying with this device, it is a good idea to disconnect your battery and place it in another bag. You also need to ensure you are following the rules regarding to traveling with liquid for your e-liquid.
The key is to abide by all the rules on the plan and don’t try and push the rules. While there is no nefarious purpose for an electronic cigarette, if you do not plan properly you may find your device is confiscated.
If you are going to be travelling with your electronic cigarette, you need to ensure you are courteous when using it. If you are unsure if it is appropriate in a certain situation, then you should ask. The tips here will ensure you have a positive travel experience with your electronic cigarette.